Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hello Everyone and welcome to my blog! I am here to motivate you and help you reach all your fitness goals.
Let me start off by telling you a little about myself.
I am 48 years old, and in the best physical shape of my life. I have 4 children, and 3 grandchildren.
I am now studying to become a personal trainer, with an emphasis on the nutrition side. I have learned through personal experience that to achieve the body you want, it is as much about what you put in your mouth as it is working out.(More so really!)
There are two different areas you want to concentrate on when you decide to do something about changing your body.
1.Exercise..(Cardio and Weight Training).. (YES..ladies..we are going to pick up the weights...lol)
I cannot stress enough that women need to stop being scared of weights. Weights are what are going to sculpt your body. You see the biggest changes once you start pumping that iron! Plus, it makes you feel powerful. When I am lifting, I feel like I can do anything! And we can! I have women tell me all the time that they don't want to weight train because they don't want to have muscles like a man. There is no way you are going to get as big as a man unless you start taking steroids..we don't have enough testosterone in our bodies to do that. I have muscle, but I am far from looking like a man, and I don't want to!..lol..Lean muscle on a woman looks sexy and healthy! So pick up the weights girls! If you have never tried it, I will be here to guide you on this new adventure!
2.Your daily food ..( We NEVER call it a diet..it is a lifestyle change..sounds much better, huh?)
I'm sure ALL of us at one time or another have been on a "diet'..(I hate that word). I DON'T diet. I eat clean. Here is what I mean by clean eating. I don't eat sugar.I don't eat white carbs. I don't eat chips, doughnuts,butter, I don't eat JUNK that makes me feel like crap!
But...I eat, and I eat A LOT, and what I eat taste great. What do I eat? I eat fish,chicken, beef tenderloin, lean ground beef, ground chicken, turkey, nuts, olive oil, natural peanut butter,almond butter, brown rice,quinoa,(I will explain this later) sweet potatoes,whole wheat and grain breads,skim milk,oatmeal,eggs, spinach.. and TONS of other stuff.
Now don't get me wrong,I have my cheat meals. No one could go 24/7-365 days a year without a break. I would go crazy...lol..But I try to make good choices on a daily basis.
I don't expect you to start off eating like I do. It is an adjustment.But you can change the way you view food. I like to view my body as a machine and the food my fuel for it. When I put crap in it..my body is going to run like crap, and I am going to feel like crap!
Put the best things in your body and you will feel your best, and your body will be at it's best.
I will be here to help you through the process of becoming the best you can be..at any age!
I will be having recipes, helpful tips on staying motivated, and encouragement for you ladies!
If I did it..you can too!
I also want to add that I had many excuses for not working out and eating healthy...but that is all they were..excuses! I realized that I had to quit making excuses and start doing something about my body, and my outlook on life. So if you say.."I don't have the time to workout", "It takes too much time to fix healthy food",..etc...I'm going to say BULLSHIT!..I know...I have been there...I said those same things..so I am going to be hardcore..I am going to push you... Find the thing that will get you motivated..the ex-boyfriend...ex-husband...skinny fit girl at work that acts like a bitch..whatever gets you motivated...USE IT! Push yourself!
I'm here for you!
You can be all that you want!
Until next time..
Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment